Summer will be here before we know it, and what could be worse than having skin so shiny your friends can see their reflection? Here are the Renarda Team’s top five tips to take action now to get shine-free skin.
- Wash your face no more than twice a day with a gentle cleanser that’s made for oily skin. Avoid using harsh cleansers unless directed by a dermatologist.
- Although oily skin lubricates itself all day long, using a water-based moisturizer is still important, especially if you have combination skin.
- If you have pimples, treat them specifically. Find a spot treatment that’s right for you so you can zap them with ease! If you’ve got more than a few, talk to your dermatologist about the treatment of acne…this can help with major breakouts that can be caused by oily skin.
- Not one brand or type of makeup is good for everyone. Make sure you use the stuff that’s right for you: oil-free, and won’t clog pores. There are some really great foundations out there that help control shine and keep the skin matte.
- Once a week, give yourself an at-home spa facial! Mud masks with infusions of fruit and botanical abstracts are especially helpful in drawing out the oil deep in your pores.